When you answer question 1 of the Work Experience Reflection Document it asks you refer to the "Orientation Booklet". The booklet is below.
Grade 10 & 11's: If you have the opportunity to organize your own work experience over the summer you can add the hours to your work experience record by completing the attached form. You will have to return it to the Career Programs office in September.
Please only go to a work experience location that you and your parents have determined is safe and also appropriate for student work.
If you are Grade 11 and will need some work experience please complete the Service Learning Assignment. It's an easy way to earn credit for up to 40 hours of work you can do around your home. Examples of service include:
• Wash all the family dishes for a week, or laundry, etc.
• Plan and prepare family meals
• Assist with spring cleaning duties – window, washing blanket, organizing cupboards,
• Yard work, mowing the lawn, weeding, planting a garden or creating patio planters
• Assisting younger sibling with homework
• Connecting with younger relatives via technology and reading them a book
• Connecting with elderly relatives via phone – or writing a card (big print) and mailing it
• Learn a new skill from a parent or relative (learn a skill, use a tool, learn a hobby, help
with home maintenance, or car maintenance)
• Volunteering virtually: https://www.govolunteer.ca/covid-19-volunteering
The forms you'll need to fill in and return in September are below.